today I learned:
- lady gaga’s ‘telephone’ and rihanna’s ‘umbrella’ were both originally written for britney spears, while ‘baby one more time’ was written for TLC.
- after mcdonalds reduced the price of fries in japan, teens would have “potato parties” where they would buy upwards of 60 orders of fries.
- in 1777, canada was invited to join the US in the articles of confederation. no shanks, guys.
- peter the great created the council of drunken fools, whose sole job was to drink and party.
- FRIDAY BOLOGNAS!!!: there is a village in ireland called muff, and they have their own diving club. I mean, of course they do. of course.