today I learned:
- it would take 76 eight-hour work days for the average person to read the terms and conditions they agree to in a year.
- when yao ming played his first game in miami, the heat promoted the game by passing out 8,000 fortune cookies. yao wasn’t offended, because he had never seen a fortune cookie, assuming it was an american invention.
- it costs $65,000 to climb mount everest
- there is a violin made out of stone that is fully playable (WAT)
because I’ve been lazy/a real person multiple bonuses:
- the hall of fame boxer sugar ray robinson backed out of a fight because he had a dream that he was going to kill his opponent in the ring. after a priest and a minister convinced robinson to fight, he went into the ring and killed his opponent, jimmy doyle.
- the first mooning in recorded history was in 66 AD, where a roman soldier mooned jewish pilgrims on their way to jerusalmen, causing a riot, an over-response by the roman military, and the death of thousands.
- when cats blink slowly at you, it’s a sign of affection referred to as a “cat kiss” (CATS CAN GIVE REAL AFFECTION?!)
- tina fey didn’t lose her virginity until she was 24, when she met her husband. awesome.