today I learned:
- after the french revolution some card games started to use the ace (or 1) as the highest card, symbolizing the lowest in society rising above the king.
- bender from futurama and the nintendo entertainment system share the same microprocessor.
- in the bible, it is mentioned that farmers must leave parts of their field unharvested for strangers. farmers still do this in some parts of the world.
- a greek taxi driver’s mercedes had the highest recorded mileage to dat– 2.5 million miles…(that’s 4.6 million kms)!!!! he donated the car to a museum and was gifted with a new car 🙂
- bonus: astronauts can’t cry in space. the tears just ball up in their eyes and sting them. hahahah. insult to injury…