today I learned:
- uraguay’s president lives in a farm-house. he doesn’t have any servants, only 2 security guards, and donates 90 % of his salaray. additionally, he is only worth $1,800, drives a 1987 volkswagon beetle, has sold the seaside presidential palaces, and advocates for legalizing marijuana and same-sex marriage.
- the german word for ‘birth control pill’ is ‘antibabypille’
- samuel l jackson has a clause in all his movie contracts stating that he gets 2 days off a week to play golf and the producers have to pay for it
- mother’s day is the busiest day of the year for phone calls. father’s day is the busiest day of the year for collect..calls..
- in 1964, a man photographing his daughter in a marsh captured what appears to be an astronaut standing behind her….he claims no one else was present in the shot other than the girl.