today I learned:
- the vibrator was the 5th domestic appliance to become electric– after the sewing machine, fan, kettle, and toaster.
- the evil exes in scott pilgrim vs the world don’t die when scott makes them explode into coins; they just respawn at home, having learned their lesson.
- if the US cut its military budget by 85%, it would still have the largest military budget in the world.
- a woman had a heart attack on a plane, and when the stewardess asked if there was a doctor on board, 15 stood up….they were on their way to a cardiology conference.
- jacki chan, working as a nightclub bouncer, once spent two days after a fight trying to push his bone back into his fist. he later found out it wasn’t his bone…it was the other guy’s tooth.
- when spinning a penny, the chances of having it land on tails is 80%.
- stan lee almost quit making comics. he only continued when his wife urged him to experiment with stories the way he wanted to, since he was planning on changing careers and had nothing to lose. this led to the golden age of comics.
- 15% of the US population believes that the pharmaceutical industry invents diseases so they can sell a cure.
- venice is built on a foundation of tree trunks. 1200 years later, those same trunks still support most of venice.
- cats sleep 70% of their lifetime (we sleep 30%)
- johnny depp plans on having his cremated remains poured into a cast of whiskey, and requests that every attendee at his funeral take a sip.
- 1/3rd of duck sex is rape, and female ducks are constantly evolving ways to not get pregnant from it.