today I learned:
- it was once believed that sperm contained tiny people that grew into full-sized humans
- there was once a book written in 1998 that predicted the value of beanie babies to be $1000-2000 in 2008. dammit, you guys.
- dying is illegal in longyearbyen, norway, because the town’s small graveyard stopped accepting bodies after discovering the permafrost prevented the bodies from decomposing.
- dave thomas (from wendy’s) went back to high school in 1993 to get his ged because he was worried that his success as a high school dropout might convince other kids to quit school
- there’s a pepper grown in japan called the shishito pepper– only 1 out of 10 of them are spicy, and there’s no way of knowing beforehand.
- some women have a genetic mutation which causes them to see millions of more colours than everyone else (cause they have a fourth colour-vision cone in their eyes..!)
- a male tiger in india adopted a litter of orphaned cubs, taking on the role of the mother. apparently, this is the first time anything like this has been observed before. WAY TO REVERSE GENDER ROLES, BROTHER.
- 2pac’s double-platinum posthumous album “loyal to the game” was composed and produced entirely by eminem, with 100% of royalties going to tupac’s mom.
- spielberg returned to college in 2002 to finish his film degree. when the assignment was to submit a sample of filmmaking proficiency, he submitted schindler’s list. what a suckup.