today I learned:
- until the 1770s, western civilizations considered kangaroos mythical beasts, with “the head of a deer, standing upright like a man, and hopping like a frog . . . sometimes with a second head on its stomach.”. to be fair, they are pretty weird-lookin’.
- martha stewart dated anthony hopkins, but couldn’t continue doing so because she was unable to separate him from his character, hannibal lecter. I guess she’s not turned on by face eaters. what a weirdo.
- on game day, the cowboys stadium uses more electricity than all of liberia. I don’t suppose they’re using solar power, mm? 😦
- gold medals for the 2014 olympics will have bits of russian meteorite. frig, now I want one. I shoulda signed up for one of them easy olympic events. like bobsledding as one of the middle guys. they don’t do anything, right?
- 85% of married obese people who have gastric bypass surgery end up leaving their spouse within 2 years of surgery. woah.
- a new study published in the american journal of public health found that the legalization of medical marijuana is associated with an 10.8% and 9.4% reduction in suicide rate among men aged 20-29 and 30-39 years respectively.
- penguins’ legs are longer than they look and they actually have knees. look at them. JUST LOOK AT EM!
be well, lovely people.