today I learned:
- in 585 BC a solar eclipse occurred in the middle of a battle between the Lydians and the Medes. they promptly ceased fighting and signed a peace treaty.
- this is what 1000s Upon 1000s of meditating buddhists look like.
- a 2-year study that linked ecstasy to parkinsons was retracted from the journal ‘Science’ after the authors realized they had accidentally used meth instead. yikes guys, yikes.
- US Patent 6630507, assigned to the US, admits cannabinoids are an effective treatment for over 16 conditions including alzheimer’s disease, parkinson’s disease and HIV. big pharma doesn’t want you to know that, though..
- 92% of afghan men have never heard of 9/11.
- only two species have domesticated other species: humans and ants. yeah, that’s right. ANTS DOMESTICATE THEIR OWN WORKING PETS.
- china has banned buddhist monks in tibet from reincarnating without government permission. GLAD YOU GOT THAT UNDER CONTROL, CHINA.
- this is what water boiling and freezing at the same time looks like. SO COOL.
- “sell by” and “best by” dates are unregulated and have no relationship to safety, part of why north americans toss 160 billion pounds of food every year. KEEP YER FOOD. USE YER NOSE.
love you guys. so much.