today I learned:
- in 2000, pope john paul II gave his blessing to the pokémon franchise, saying the games did not have “any harmful moral side effects” and were based on “ties of intense friendship”. hahahah. awesome.
- there’s a japanese tv show in which contestants have to determine if something is chocolate, or furniture. hahahahahah. this is brilliantly funny.
- dildos were invented over 25,000 years before the wheel. priorities. AMIRIGHT LADIES AND GENTS?!
- it’s only called an acronym when you pronounce the abbreviation as a real word (ex. NASA). otherwise it is known as an initialism (ex. FBI). this blew my mind.
- this is an example of a perfect bond between pet and pet carer. I now desire to be pet.
- a new treatment for hepatitis C “cured” 90% of patients with the infection in 12 weeks, scientists said: The study is a “major breakthrough” and marks a “turning point” in hepatitis C treatment, said experts. woaaaah!!!!
- meth was invented in japan. at first it was used to curb hunger and energize japanese citizens. later It was given to kamikaze pilots, soldiers and wartime factory workers. it is now controlled and distributed by the yakuza. um, wow.
- “turning a blind eye” is thought to come from admiral horatio nelson disobeying an order to withdraw during a naval battle; allegedly putting a telescope to his blind eye & saying “you know, foley, I have only one eye – and I have a right to be blind sometimes. I really do not see the signal.”
- sometimes, chickens like hugs too.
- in 585 BC a solar eclipse occurred in the middle of a battle between the lydians and the medes. they promptly ceased fighting and signed a peace treaty ❤
- here are photos of miss Tiffany’s Universe 2014 contestants- from thailand’s annual transgender beauty pageant. go thailand 🙂
- glucose (sugar) has an opposite “handed” isomer L-glucose, that tastes identical and isn’t metabolized as sugar, also safe for diabetics. unfortunately, L-glucose costs 50% more than gold. no, really.
- 666 is the sum of all the numbers on a roulette wheel, therefore, it is the devil, obviously.
- 8 examples of vegetables that you can regrow again 🙂 the more you know!!!