today I learned:
- the word “junkie” originates from the 1920’s when drug addicts stole scrap metal to fund their addiction.
- if you see a bee on the floor still, it may not be dead, it may be exhausted and need of a drink. melt some sugar in water to help it.
- paul mccartney began the recording of “hey jude” without knowing that ringo was absent and sitting on the toilet; ringo tiptoed his way back into the studio just in time for the drums to come in.
- here is a website that gives you stats about your life so far
- dr. seuss used to draw political cartoons 🙂
- until 1987, heart surgery (and other surgeries) could be performed on babies with no anaesthesia, as it was commonly thought that babies could not feel pain.
- here’s a star trek scene stabilized….hilarious
- no one knows who invented the fire hydrant, because its patent was destroyed in a fire.
- here is a baby leading a modern dance (SO CUTE)
- there was was a movement in the early 1900s called the “technocracy movement” that wanted to replace all politicians and business people with scientists and engineers.
- when canadian reporter melissa fung was kidnapped by bandits in afghanistan, afghan intelligence identified the kidnapper, kidnapped his family, and then demanded fung’s release with no ransom paid 🙂
- here is a gif of a strawberry growing (40 days in ~15 seconds)