today I learned:
- giorgio a. tsoukalos, famous meme and ‘ancient aliens’ expert, has no academic background in any field relevant to the show. instead, he holds a bachelor’s degree in sports information and was previously a bodybuilder promoter. THIS DOES NOT MEAN ALIENS AREN’T ALIVE N WELL ON EARTH. promise 😉
- the wright brothers were not equally responsible for revolutionizing flight. wilbur wright made most of the scientific breakthroughs. he lied and said orville was there from the beginning to protect his brother’s sensitivities. what a good bro.
- here is an elephant crying after he is rescued following 50 years of abuse. like actually cries. tears. ahhhh MY HEART! SO EARLY! :(!!
- the crips street gang was originally formed as a neighbourhood watch to eliminate criminal gangs by force. well, shooooot.
- pregnant women are affected by morning sickness to protect the unborn fetus in its most vulnerable stage, when organs first start developing. It clears her system (via vomit) of substances that typically carry microbes or toxins.
- the transgender prisoner in “orange is the new black” is played by a transgender woman with an identical twin brother who plays her character in pre-transition flashbacks.
- brilliant little forms to help with everything. I printed these off once in an office and forgot to bring them home. YOU’RE WELCOME WHOEVER FOUND THEM.
- 29% of san fran’s air pollution comes from china
- aaaand here is an awesome pizza delivery guy.