today I learned:
- johnny knoxville comes from inbreeding. he specifically asked the genealogist if there was any inbreeding, and she responded with, “a significant amount”. apparently he was “not alarmed, but amused”.
- here’s a mama cat being mean to a tiny little kitten wearing a hat. I mean, this is terrible, but I can’t help but find it hilarious…
- a roman poet wrote such a dirty poem that it was not publicly translated until the late 20th century. the opening line, “Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo” translates to “I will sodomize you and face f*** you”. totally not what I expected from a guy born in 84 BC…
- time warner is paid a licensing fee for every guy fawkes mask sold. how IRONIC.
- here are the first 1000 digits of pi connected (WOAH)
- in a housing experiment that moved families from poor neighborhoods to wealthier ones, boys experienced PTSD rates comparable to those of combat soldiers, while psychological well-being improved for girls. from the research, “their (anthropologist looking at the neighbourhoods) perception was that when the boys came into the new neighbourhood they were coded as these juvenile delinquents, whereas with the girls, it was exactly the opposite. they were embraced by the community– ‘you poor little disadvantaged thing, let me help you.’ mmmmmmmnotfair.
- are you going through an ‘energetic upgrade’? check out the signs and symptoms here. feel like being alone a lot more? easily irritated/emotional? mmmmmwelcome 🙂
- here is a study about LSD, psilocybin (mushrooms), and DMT and the frequency of bad trips and spiritual insights. super neat!!
- due to the decline of bees forces apple farmers in china to pollinate every blossom by hand using paintbrushes
- the reason our fingers and toes wrinkle when they are submerged in water for a long time is to improve our handling of wet objects. GRIP. WHAAAT!
- here’s how to wear a skirt and use a bike at the same time without flashing everyone your BEAUTIFUL FLOWER
**READ: I feel a strong desire to let you all know that I am hear to discuss anything you would like to talk about at any time (spiritual experience/curiosities, difficult issues you may be dealing with, questions you might have about everything, advice you want about anything). I might not be available to speak right away, but will answer your message once I have the time. it doesn’t matter if I’ve met you 100 times or not at all. it means a whole lot to me to have folks trust me, and I want to honour that ❤