today I learned:
- when asked if playing a transsexual in the movie ‘grilled’ was a challenge, sofia vergara said “no, because I look like a transsexual anyway.”
- an article about how fear may turn you against spirituality. I definitely went through this myself!
- the ramones got their inspiration for the band name from paul mccartney’s pseudonym “paul ramon” which he used when checking into hotels.
- here’s a gif of the reduction in air pollution (NO2) over america from 2005-2011(and NO2 is apparently a good indication of air pollution overall! weee!!!)
- mao zedong ordered the people of china to kill sparrows because they steal grain. since sparrows also eat insects, their absence caused a locust epidemic that ravaged crops and killed millions of people. how ironic. stop killinnngggg
- loofah sponges are actually made from a processed edible fruit known as a luffa
- there was a woman in 1972 who possessed a visual acuity 20 times better than average. she could identify people at a distance of more than a mile (1.6 km). woah.
- a sad, sad infographic of palestinian & israeli deaths since 2000 😦
- meth is offered as casually as a cup of tea in north korea. there is little stigma attached to meth use – some take it to treat colds or boost their energy; students take it to work late. the drug also helps curb appetites in a country where food is scarce. to be fair, that happens in north america too. we just call it ritalin. ZING!!
- how to know if it’s your soul, or EGO talkin’. again, believe your gut if this doesn’t resonate with you 🙂
- richard dawkins wants his death to be filmed to prevent people claiming he made a last-minute death bed conversion.
- the entire game ‘the legend of zelda: a link to the past’ is less than 1MB in size. anyone have a floppy disk I can save it on?