today I learned:
- chile has a civilian town in antarctica, complete with a school, hospital, hostel, post office, internet, TV and mobile phone coverage.
- this baby is better at rock climbing than I…
- an adopted man in michigan searched for his birth mother for 4 years before finding out that she worked at the same lowe’s store that he worked at– they had no idea.
- baby’s first time in a car wash.
- when buddy holly died, his pregnant wife first got the news through the TV, and the shock caused her miscarriage, leading to the policy requiring families to be informed before media can release the victims’ names.
- the voice actor of boo in monsters, inc. was so young, it was difficult to get her to stand in the recording studio, so they followed her around with a microphone.
- a “moment” is actually medieval unit of time that is equal to 1.5 minutes. there are 40 moments in an hour.
- a man draws a self portrait on 30 different drugs.
- astronaut helmets have a patch of velcro inside of them so astronauts have a way to scratch their noses.
- only 3.3% of babies arrive on their due date.
- the inventors of bubble wrap were originally trying to make plastic wallpaper.
- here is an armadillo playing.