today I learned:
- over 50 WWE wrestlers that competed in 1990s are now dead. looked it up. a whole lotta heart attacks and drug overdoses 😦
- there is an american charity that pays drug addicts roughly $300 to get sterilized. how kind.
- “lil” rappers and how lil they really are
- J.K. rowling was asked to use her initials instead of her full name (joanne rowling) because her publishers were worried that boys wouldn’t want to read a book written by a woman. oh hey, subtle sexism!
- brazilian prisons offer to reduce the sentences of their prisoners by 4 days (up to 48 days/year) for every book they read and write a report on.
- a bad mom (man, who thinks of these ads…)
- buddhists are sending monks to study science in order to create a curriculum including science education. this is the first change in tibetan monastery and scholastic curriculum in 600 years.
- dropping a slinky in slow motion. pretty friggin’ cool. speaking of cool….
- coolio regretted giving weird al a hard time about “amish paradise,” and feels “that was one of the dumbest things I did in my career.”
- are you awakening?
- landmines planted on the coasts during the falklands war accidentally created penguin sanctuaries. the penguins are too light to detonate the mines, so they live and breed safely. the sanctuaries are so popular and profitable that there are efforts to prevent removal of the mines.
- a venn diagram explaining the difference between the UK, great britain, and england. THANK YOU.
- when questioned about the rape and violence in game of thrones, george R.R. martin replied: “the true horrors of human history derive not from orcs and dark lords, but from ourselves.”
- aaaand, of course, to finish it off beautifully, what your poop is telling you about your body (namaste)