today I learned:
- alan watts- if money were no object (man, I love this guy)
- billy joel gives away all of his front row tickets to random people in the cheap seats so that the front row isn’t always just wealthy people. good on ya, billy joel.
- some interesting photos taken by a satellite
- a coal power plant releases over 100 times more radiation into the environment than a nuclear power plant producing the same amount of energy.
- free online buddhist books 🙂
- this dog stops in a hilarious way…
- harvard law school listed a white professor who was 1/32 cherokee as a minority professor in response to criticisms about a lack of faculty diversity. way to diversify.
- this doctor is a god
- good will hunting originally had a gay sex scene in it because matt damon and ben affleck were sure that no studio executives were actually reading the script. harvey weinstein was the only person who said something about the scene. would have liked that to have gone through….
- this “future bike” just won a competition to be mass manufactured. um, awesome.