today I learned:
- while filming fight club, helena bonham carter insisted that her makeup artist apply all of her eye makeup with her left hand, as she did not believe that marla singer would be someone who was particularly good at applying makeup
- here’s a morse code translator “tree” – when you hear a “-” move left, when you hear a “.” move right. I’ll never use this, and yet, still pretty friggin’ cool!!
- american judges can kick out jurors whom they believe are aware of the jury’s ability to nullify laws. god forbid you knew too much about the law…
- “beats” headphones cost roughly $14 to make and can sell for upwards of $450. wow.
- here’s a gif showing password length vs average time to crack using brute force hacking. I need a longer password. NOT THAT IT’S EASY TO CRACK DON’T EVEN TRY GUYS PLZ
- the US, which makes up less than 5 percent of the world’s population, buys more than 50 percent of its prescription drugs. on top of that, those citizens buy them at prices designed to subsidize the rest of the industrial world, where the same drugs cost much less. well that’s not very nice.
- here are some photos of a nude yoga instructor showing off some poses. you’re so very welcome.
- no sci fi movie has ever won an oscar for best picture.
- here are some ancient japanese scrolls from the edo period depicting farting competitions. yep. got no more to say about this one.
- in the seinfield episode, “the contest” wherein they see who can go the longest without masturbating, they never once said he word “masturbation” and won an emmy for achievement in writing.
- animals are cute.
- well, bill nye the science guy has uploaded his episodes to youtube! there’s hope for our [future] children, guys!!