today I learned:
- although the american lung association has concluded that smoking marijuana deposits 4 times as much tar into the lungs than smoking the same amount of cigarettes (this is important– ’cause you don’t often see folks smoking a “pack a day” worth of marijuana-filled cigarettes…though it does happen), the largest study of its kind has shown that smoking weed regularly and heavily does not cause lung cancer. no matter how you cut it…(see for yourself!)
- the Mars chocolate company firmly refuses to market to children under 12.
- a photo of the roman amphitheatre being used today. it’s 2000 years old. TWO. THOUSAND.
- the word for “roller coasters” in russian translates to “american mountains.”
- while seeking help for a sex addiction, mick jagger seduced the therapist.
- 15 year old mike tyson. mmmmyeahscary.
- there is a waterfall in antarctica that has a water source completely devoid of oxygen containing a high amount of iron and sodium. when the water is finally exposed to air as it flows out of the glacier, it rusts making the water turn blood red. COOOOL.
- misty copeland, soloist for the american ballet theatre (photo by henry leutwyler)
- all right, this chocolate roulette thing is something I wanna try.
- this dad making fun of his son just tickled me so hard.
- google hires a flock of 200 goats regularly to chew away the grass in their lawns rather than using land-mowers. I love this so much.
- when robin williams was asked about book suggestions on reddit, he suggested the foundation trilogy. here it is as an audiobook on youtube 🙂