today I learned:
- well, there’s a major geomagnetic storm today. pay attention to how you feel!!
- goosebumps writer, RL stine, was making $40 million a year in his prime.
- here is a pug climbing stairs.
- the UK has used ‘incident screens’ to block the view of traffic accidents, etc. on the highway, in an attempt to prevent people from slowing down/causing slower traffic to see the accident. BUT THEN WE MUST WONDER.
- the simpsons are right about canada.
- a minnesota action park lets you drive surplus military tanks and other armoured vehicles around an old limestone quarry and smash junk cars and drive through trailer houses. um, cool.
- here’s a funny skit, ‘barely legal pawn’, featuring bryan cranston, aaron paul and julia louis-dreyfus.
- the last moments of jonestown’s mass suicide were recorded. The FBI released the tape publicly. not for the faint of heart 😦
- there is a species of fish that can be hallucinogenic when eaten. the ancient romans reportedly consumed it as a recreational drug. obviously.
- goodwill has opened up a store just for second hand video games. I’m not much of a gamer myself, but OH MY GOD THIS IS AWESOME.
- a baby I NEVER WANT TO ENCOUNTER. it’s a wombat.