today I learned:
- the word “liberal” in liberal arts means worthy of a free person (as opposed to a slave), and such an education isn’t meant to get you a job but rather to make you useful in a free society. :).
- it’s a gif of a mosquito drawing blood from someone. that was a warning!!
- chewing gum is primarily made of rubber and plastic. perfect!
- an under-the-desk foot hammock. a new “need”.
- the FBI assigned a team to sacha baron cohen during the filming of borat due to numerous reports of a “middle eastern man traveling the midwest in an ice cream truck.”
- an article about orangutan experts plead for australian food manufacturers to reject palm oil – apes, elephants, rhinos & tigers at dire risk if unsustainable palm oil plantations allowed in sumatran reserve 😦
- dolphins give each other unique names, just like humans. they use distinctive whistles to identify each other. I personally believe they’re as intelligent (whatever that means) as humans, if not moreso.
- It’s all a matter of perspective.
- porn sites are actually statistically the sites with the least chance of infecting you with malware.
- weezer’s first gig was opening for keanu reeves’s band, dogstar.
- around 1000 of the world’s approximately 5,000 languages are spoken solely in new guinea.
- these pictures show just how serious california’s draught is 😦
- a dog knows how to cross the road.
- it’s monday, but at least you’re not this guy…