today I learned:
- artist peter von tiesenhausen made the top 6 inches of his 800 acre farm a copyrighted work of art to keep oil pipelines out. it costs oil companies $500/h to talk to him. awesome.
- soooo, the US now has access to a NINETY-NINE PACK OF BEER
- aaand on a similar note…..an australian beer ad that’s telling it like it is. LOVE THIS.
- 35% of americans who answered a poll said they’d be willing to decline a pay raise if it meant having their current boss fired.
- winter, the lamb, comes bouncing down the hall when she’s called. couldn’t be cuter. don’teatlamb 😦
- pope clement VIII liked coffee so much he baptized it so christians could drink it without going to hell. how kind!
- the “best” braid tutorials. for my ladies and my fancy, fancy men. EMBRACE IT BOYZ.
- professor stephen hawking’s ALS ice bucket challenge…sort’ve
- wombat poop is cube shaped so that they can place them on rocks and mark their territory knowing that their poop won’t roll away. us humans are missing out, AMIRIGHT?!
- trebek actually being funny!
- north korea enlists around 2000 women as part of a ‘pleasure squad’. this ‘pleasure squad’ is made up of hot ladies who provide entertainment and sexual services for top officials. one said kim jong-il was “sentimental when drunk, and even shed tears”.
- I LOVE when dogs do this!!!!
- there is a waterfall called ‘the devil’s kettle’, a mystery to scientists because the western half of the water flows into a pothole. however, every attempt to trace the path of this half of the river once the water has gone into the pothole has failed. woah.
- I’d eat every last bit of this. gluten and all (it’s mac n cheese/kraft dinner with bacon, stuffed in a bread cone…)
- ANTS ARE AMAZING. I was just observing one ant carrying this HUGE piece of leaf, admiring how friggin’ strong he is. that gif is just something else, though…