today I learned:
- there was a female member of jackass who was hurt so badly that she could no longer do stunts….”the mattress shot down the hill, hit a snowbank and launched hodge into the air. she landed very hard, snapping part of her spine and pelvis.” yikes.
- a gif of a real badass dealing pot in public
- salvador dalí didn’t like clichés, stating: “the first man to compare the cheeks of a young woman to a rose was obviously a poet; the first to repeat it was possibly an idiot.” ironically, in stating this he himself was repeating the words of poet gérard de nerval.
- this is how hundreds of cherries are harvested in seconds -neat
- someone took a selfie with a kangaroo
- 75% of all sesame seeds grown in mexico end up on mcdonald’s hamburger buns
- an infant tries his hearing aids for the first time. SO CUTE.
- due to its isolation, a third of the plant life on the island of socotra (yemen) is found nowhere else on the planet. it has been described as “most alien-looking place on earth”. aaaand now I want to go there.
- bone fractures per capita, by gender and age. very interesting!
- on average 22 vets in the US commit suicide per day. the average age of these vets is 60, most likely making them veterans of the vietnam war.
- a dog teaching a little one how to crawl. adorable!
- foo fighter’s song “hey, johnny park” is named so because dave grohl’s old best friend growing up was named johnny park. dave hoped that his old friend would see that dave named a song after him and would give him a call after years without communication.
- this is how someone’s dad peels apples. brilliant!
- a gorrilla’s erection is just over one inch long, and that humans are the most endowed of all primates.
- a daughter reminding her mother who she is. yeaahhhh, I cried…GOOD TEARS GUYS GOOD TEARS