today I learned:
- this is what a bullet hitting a wall looks like
- cerberus, the three-headed guard dog of hades in greek mythology, takes his name from the greek word “kerberos”. kerberos means “spotted”, which means hades literally named his dog “spot”. REAL CREATIVE HADES.
- ralph lauren’s ridiculous, one of a kind $40 million bugatti. I meaaaaannnn…
- in 1847, a doctor performed an amputation in 25 seconds, operating so quickly that he accidentally amputated his assistant’s fingers as well. both later died of sepsis, and a spectator reportedly died of shock, resulting in the only known procedure with a 300% mortality rate. 25 seconds.
- this guy has created a youtube series called “ten second songs” where he remakes a song in different styles each 10 seconds. it’s really friggin’ impressive (this one’s linkin park’s ‘in the end’).
- in quebec, KFC is called PFK (‘poulet frit kentucky’ – a literall fench translation for ‘kentucky fried chicken’), whereas in france it is still called KFC. heh!
- here’s mcdonald’s cash bonuses for high schoolers in midland, texas. this is really awesome.
- there is a water vapor cloud in space which has 100 trillion times the amount of water present on earth. so we can solve any lack-o-water by just reeling that bad-boy in, right?
- this happened naturally. hngggggg
- all hass avocados (the ones bought in stores) are descendants from a single mother tree, which was grown from an unknown seed bought in california in 1926. incest, ewwwww. hahaha. also I learned that hass avocados are hass avocados.
- this is what a 2,600 year old fur-lined leather coat looks like. it’s much nicer than mine, LET ME TELL YOU.
- there is a 15 minute video of marilyn monroe engaging in oral sex with a man that j. edgar hoover was convinced was president john kennedy – yeah yeah yeah here it is. YOU’RE FRIGGIN’ WELCOME. obviously don’t watch this if you’re at work. it’s porn.