today I learned:
- a killer whale at marineland discovered it could regurgitate fish onto the surface of the water, attracting sea gulls, and then eat the birds. four others then learned to copy the behaviour. CULTURE.
- I’d do it.
- when mcdonald’s cut the price of the big mac by 75% in 1997 when bought with fries and a drink, the sales actually dropped because consumers were “confused”.
- a chubby penguin faceplanting. I MEAN WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT.
- many personal cheque written by marlon brando were often never cashed as his signature was usually worth more than the amount on the cheque.
- an aerial view of a beach in italy
- nectarines and peaches are the same species, with a gene controlling whether the skin is fuzzy or smooth.
- an infographic of the consequences of legalizing marijuana in colorado
- jupiter used to be eight times larger than it is now– its diameter used to be twice its current diameter–it shrinks by ~2 cm each year
- why you should ALWAYS wear a helmet when biking or skatboarding/longboarding. -mom
- the kapauku people of papua think it is bad luck to work two consecutive days. the kung bushmen work just two-and-a-half days per week, rarely more than six hours per day. CAN I BE ONE OF YOUR PEOPLE PLEASE.