today I learned:
- global suicide rates…y’know, just to start things off on a really great note (sorry)
- here is a photo of tim harris, the only restaurant owner in the US with down syndrome, serves “breakfast, lunch, and hugs.” LET’S GO.
- just before the holocaust, hitler offered 32 countries including the US, britain and canada to take in jews and let them leave peacefully “for all I [hitler] care, even on luxury ships.” they all refused, leading to hitler’s ‘final solution.’ …guessed we dropped the ball on that one, guys…
- IT’S GEOCITIES ALL OVER AGAIN
- the manson family did burglary missions they called “creepy-crawling” where they would break into random homes at night while the home owners/families, rearrange their furniture, and steal items.
- a dog really, really enjoying his/her bath.
- that there are 17 american men in history who have run under 2:10 in the marathon. in october of 2011, there were 32 kenyans who did the same thing.
- a blind taste test found most people are unable to tell the difference between a cheap wine and an expensive one. this test has been repeated with wine connoisseurs with the same result.
- how to peel a kiwi the RIGHT way
- german chocolate cake isn’t german, it’s from texas. it’s named after the german chocolate used in the cake….which is also not german.
- a third of all divorce filings of 2011 in the U.S. contained the word ‘facebook’. oh dear.
- and to finish it off, the music video for ‘believer’ by ted zed. CAN’T. GET. ENOUGH.