today I learned:
- I wish all grocery stores did this.
- mexican shamans began to use coca-cola in their religious rituals to heal worshippers. when pepsi discovered this, they offered commissions to shamans for using pepsi instead. when coca-cola began paying too, rival religious groups were formed based on which soft drink they use.
- guy makes an illegal u-turn in australia and almost causes a car crash…..aaaand then karma.
- in 1986 a volcanic lake in cameroon, africa burped a C02 gas cloud that killed 1,746 people in the blink of an eye. woah.
- a tasting table at the hall winery in st. helena. SO BEAUTIFUL.
- roman emperor caligula once declared war on god of sea, neptune, and ordered his soldiers to attack the ocean. good luck with that one, buddy.
- woody harrelson is a supporter of the 9/11 truth movement and has supported reopening an investigation into the september 11 attacks. other people who are supporters include martin sheen and ed asner, and they’re all gonna appear in a movie, ‘september morn’ that will explore those views. awesome!
- a man named walter summerford was struck by lightning 3 times in his life. after his death, his gravestone was also struck.
- comic strip artists from the 40’s draw their characters blindfolded
- in 1967, a magazine published a fake story about extracting hallucinogenic chemicals from bananas to raise moral questions about banning drugs. people didn’t realize it was a hoax and began smoking banana peels to try to get high. hahaha.
- john malkovich, an obvious artistic genius, recreated famous photos.
- james franco and seth rogan get naked for jilly fallon’s birthday. mmmmm