today I learned:
- ernest hemingway begged his wife not to send him for more electroshock treatments because he lost so much of his memory he couldn’t even remember his own name. he chose suicide the day after his 36th shock treatment 😦
- a beautiful, beautiful shot. contraaast baby.
- silly trees. who needs ’em?
- a skydiver (joan murray)’s parachute failed, and, hitting the ground at 128 kms/hour, she happened to land on a fire ant hill. thankfully, the shock of being stung (bit?) over 200 times by the ants actually released a ton of adrenaline in her, which kept her heart beating and saved her life. as I always say, THANK GOD FOR FIRE ANTS! AMIRIGHT?!
- this friggin’ horse is amazing. how does this work, does the rider help him jump er what?
- in 1952 claims smoking causes cancer caused kent cigarettes to come out with an asbestos filter to protect its smokers. how kind of them! I bet it reduced cancer a whole bunch, right?
- kansas court says sperm donor must pay child support
- a timelapse of norway, kindly shown to me by one of my most treasured friends (melina <3) BEAUTIFUL.
- the comic strip beetle bailey has ran since 1950 and is still made by its creator, mort walker, at the young age of 91….oh, aaaand there’s a dirty version, which he also makes…
- another gaia channeling 🙂
- just like human babies suck on their thumbs for comfort, baby elephants suck on their trunks for the same reason. cuuuute!
- multiple recipes (in an infographic!) for hummus! YES!! MMMM!!!!