today I learned:
- a series of pictures showing how kissing, snoring, and other things sound in different languages 🙂
- n darkness most people eventually adjust to a 48-hour cycle/36 hour of activity followed by 12 hours of sleep. no one really knows why.
- arizona’s vermillion cliffs under the stars– by jared warren
- a rendering of the mahanakhon skyscraper. woah.
- a bidet is considered a “key green technology” and uses significantly less water, electricity, and wood than a single roll of toilet paper. that means I need one, right?
- the native people of north america 🙂
- the german parliament building has a glass dome above it that people can walk over. this is to serve as a reminder that government should be transparent, and the people are always above them. awesome.
- an infographic showing how to change a flat tire. for everyone who doesn’t actually know what they’d do if they got one…
- what torque looks like in slow motion. holy.
- a fitness trainer intentionally gained over 70 pounds to better understand his overweight clients, and what they had to go through. he then, of course, lost all the weight again 6 months later.
- the tracked relative positions of the earth and venus over an 8-year period and the resulting pattern. oh my goodness. the sacred geometry fills me with so much looooove!