today I learned:
- a man faked mental illness to escape jail, was sent to an mental health institution and has been trying since to convince doctors he’s sane. ironically, he’s been diagnosed a psychopath partly because, “faking mental illness to get out of a prison sentence is exactly the kind of manipulative act you’d expect of a psychopath.” haha!
- can’t say I’ve ever loved a staircase more.
- “ninja lemur“. can I have one?
- when things rhyme, we’re more likely to believe it to be true. this could be because of “the keat’s heuristic”, where things that are poetic/artistic are preferred. I TRIED SO HARD NOT TO LET THAT RHYME.
- the spiny flower mantis. BEAUTIFUL!!
- aisha north’s channeling. we’re all connected ❤
- there is a species of ant that will infiltrate a fire ant colony, kill the queen, then take her place. the workers then raise the impostor’s children, which then fly off to infest more colonies. they’re being considered as a biological method to control the spread of fire ants. brilliant!!
- some reaaaally interesting facts!
- a russian farmer’s wife gave birth to 69 children, 16 pairs of twins, 7 sets of triplets and 4 sets of quadruplets. when she passed away, her husband remarried and had another 18 kids.
- REMEMBER HER?!?! MARNIE!!!
- carrots were normally a variety of colours (rainbow carrots) until the dutch began selectively breeding only orange carrots in the 1600s- to honour the prince of orange.
- a really beautiful photo of the blood moon!