today I learned:
- one-star yelp reviews of national parks…they’re hilarious!!!
- I love children and dolphins.
- hans zimmer, the composer/producer for over 150 movies, including the lion king, gladiator, the pirates of the caribbean movies, pearl harbor, rush, inception, and the dark knight (as well as more) only ever had two weeks of formal music education…as a child….for the piano….
- so this really intensely creepy thing (it’s called a basket star) was just caught off the coast of singapore. WHATTTT.
- both of jack black’s parents were aerospace engineers and they worked on the apollo 11 mission.
- an older man and his beautiful friend, mr. hummingbird
- komodo dragons can reproduce asexually. all the babies reproduced this way can only be male, which means that a single female dragon can create an entirely new colony without a mate. TALK ABOUT LIBERATION!!!
- narcissism vs self-esteem.
- the murphy bed (hideaway bed) is named after william l murphy, who needed a way to hide his bed in order to have a girl over to his one bedroom apartment due to the ‘moral codes’ of his times.
- a negative space sculpture. NEAT.
- george lucas trademarked the word “droid”, and motorola had to pay him for every phone sold with that name.
- interior design trends from around the world.
- beautiful hindu sadhus (holy men). wowowow.