today I learned:
- a prostitute posing on a NYPD car in the early 1980s
- 10 facts about super mario bros 3
- the difference in cakes rising without certain ingredients.
- there’s a causeway in louisiana that is the longest continuous bridge over water. for 1/4 of the trip over the bridge, you can’t see land in any direction.
- women have historically been banned from cooking sushi due to a superstition that their hands are too warm. EXCEPT OUR HANDS ARE TOO COLD GETITRIGHT
- minimalist pictures of the heritage moments. YEAH CANADA.
- america’s longest married couple (john betar, 102 and ann betar, 98) have been married for almost 82 years now.
- every time I watch this my feet tingle.
- pornhub did some research into what women search when they’re checking out porn compared to men. this is super interesting!
- ian mckellan visited someone’s sister’s school, and was the awesome man that he is.
- eating different types of cheese before bed can influence and affect what you dream about. eating red leicester, for instance, results in nostalgic, often childhood-related dreams. SCIENCE!
- a meteor shower in wyoming 🙂
- the ribbon chapel in japan, designed by hiroshi nakamura.
- stroking a man’s inner thigh will cause the testicles to move the other way to protect themselves. MORE LIKE AVOID PLEASURE AMIRIGHT?! hahaaa…yeahIknwoevolution.
- “photoshop” in the 1930s
- frig this is hilarious: 1-star yelp reviews of national parks, hahahah
- I love these “20 years later” family photos hahaha
- OK cupid analysis: gay people vs straight people. this is SO interesting. mmmmdata.
- the wall clock in the ham yard hotel in london. COOOOOOL.