today I learned:
- playpoint pinup girls: them the 70s, and today (before and after CAUSE WE LOVE STUFF LIKE THAT)
- an infographic answering the question: does playing music at work increase productivity?
- a ‘virtual autopsy’ of king tut revealed that the pharaoh had wide hips, a club foot and buck teeth. also, his parents were brother and sister, so it’s aaalll comin’ together…
- I want this girl on my fantasy volleyball team.
- john lennon once beat a man close to death because he made a gay joke
- here is a photo of the guard who was shot at parliament yesterday in ottawa, nathan cirillo. may we remember him along with all the rest of the folks all over the world who have died for whatever reason ❤
- sumo wrestlers of the lowest ranks must always wear wooden sandals in public. the clacking sound of their footsteps is supposed to be a reminder to improve their skills.
- a beautiful scottish proverb
- according to english law, the “ancient lights law” states that “the owner of a building with windows that have received natural daylight for 20 years or more can forbid any construction or other obstruction that would deprive him/her of that illumination or their portion of natural light”. I LIKE THIS LAW.
- a chinese man began selling cans of fresh air for 80 cents a can because of china’s terrible air pollution. he made over $6 million dollars in a 10 month period.
- saturday mornings with kids vs saturday mornings without kids. I’m so sorry to those with kids, PROS N CONS TO EVERYTHING AMIRIGHT.
- 1,000 pound firework going off. woah.
- in wales in 1950, a man was wrongfully executed for the murder of his wife and daughter, which is why today, capital punishment is outlawed in the UK.
- this is the cutest headline ever hahaha
- this guy came out to his friend over text. most nonchalant coming out ever, hahaha! 🙂