today I learned:
- how to preserve your herbs through the winter 🙂
- the most frequent “missed connections” places on craigslist in each area in the US. kind of funny!
- ello has now raised $5.5 million and has signed a legally-binding charter to never sell ads or user data. NICE.
- in 2001 the DEA tried to ban glow sticks and pacifiers because they considered them “drug paraphernalia”. glad all the tax dollars went towards that. SO glad.
- I mean, this is just incredible. pizza delivery people ❤
- in 1844, in a case of “mass hysteria”, a convent of nuns began “meowing” together everyday for hours on end. eventually the neighbours complained and soldiers threatened to whip the nuns until they stopped meowing. I repeat, soldiers threatened to WHIP THE NUNS UNTIL THEY STOPPED MEOWING. WHAT.
- graphic renderings of the average male body. IT’S ALL BEAUTIFUL.
- andrew jackson carried a locket with a picture of his wife who had died, jachel Jackson, and propped it up in front of his bed every night so that she would be the last thing he saw when falling asleep and the first thing when he woke up. wow.
- smoke in the form of a sphere manipulated into a tornado. COOL.
- jackie chan’s family was so poor he was almost sold to a wealthy british couple when he was still a baby
- the ‘real’ james bond was actually an ornithologist. when asked by ian fleming if it was okay to use his name he said he was “fine with it.”
- between two ferns with brad pitt. MAN I love zach galifinasnfksndfis.
- dogs can ‘see’ sadness in humans and often attempt to make their owners happy by initiating cuddling. THIS IS SCIENCE AND TRUTH.