today I learned:
- the “worst of the best”: 40 awesome directors and their lowest ranked film
- ten photos that “cannot be explained”
- human life expectancy has increased more in the last 50 years than in the previous 200,000 years of our existence.
- the five spiritual principles that lead to true power according to buddhist monk, thich nhat hanh.
- 1 in every 14 people in the US under the age of 50 are estimated to have owned a copy of ‘the dark side of the moon’.
- an electronic ballot is sent to ISS every four years so that american astronauts can vote. neat!
- “that moment when you just give up and don’t care anymore” hahaha
- apparently, octopus arms have minds of their own. no, really.
- the before and after of many caterpillars. AWESOME.
- mmmm, canadian pride 🙂
- chillies evolved heat to deter mammals from eating them. birds aren’t affected by the taste, so they eat them and then fly around dropping more seeds everywhere.
- someone put a gopro on a liquor bottle and passed it around at a wedding. neat idea 🙂