today I learned:
- in russia (and america) many doctors “treat” alcoholism by surgically implanting a small capsule into their patients. the capsules react so severely with alcohol that once the individual has even the smallest amount, they react as if they were going through heroin withdrawal. it’d be great if alcoholism weren’t often just a symptom of emotional pain…..sigh
- countries and their belief of homosexuality being “unacceptable”, “acceptable”, and “not a moral issue” INTERESTING GHANA. INTERESTING.
- ‘what painting portraits of naked women has taught me’ special thank you to my friend valerie who so kindly sent me this article knowing that I’d get SO many more views with naked women in this blog post. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
- a time lapse of a river over 28 years.
- a self-made millionaire named harris rosen “adopted” a florida neighbourhood, tangelo park. he cut the crime rate in half, increased the high school graduation rate from 25% to 100% by giving everyone free daycare and high school graduate scholarships.
- is it the cold or the flu??
- new gaia channeling 🙂
- an employee of the company that was hired to organize the mcdonald’s monopoly game rigged it for 5 years, and admitted to anonymously (not so anonymously anymore) sending the $1 million game piece to st. jude children’s hospital in memphis. WHAT A COLD-BLOODED CRIMINAL.
- the “ultimate cheese chart”
- google has found GPAs and test scores to be “worthless as a criteria for hiring”; they have teams where 14% of their employees haven’t gone to college/uni.