today I learned:
- a hidden gopro camera reveals what it’s like to walk through NYC as a woman. this is not uncommon outside of NY also…
- a black cat casting call in LA in 1961
- mob boss john gotti’s youngest son was hit by a neighbours car while riding a mini bike, and killed. not long after the accident the neighbor went missing and has never been found. JEE I WONDER WHAT HAPPENED.
- new research showing cannabis use shown NOT to lower IQ (even though IQ is a poor measure of intelligence…whatever intelligence is…), even with heavy use. alcohol, on the other hand…
- a ‘wrought iron machine’ THIS IS SO COOL
- what we’re afraid of vs. what actually kills us
- in the english language, multiple adjectives are supposed to be listed in the following order: quantity, opinion, size, age, shape, colour, origin, material, purpose. WELL I’VE BEEN DOING IT ALL WRONG. and will continue to.
- a bajau fisherman freediving to catch a fish. woah.
- in the 80’s, australian beer companies had to change the design of their bottles so a species of beetle would stop trying to mate with them
- the most googled hallowe’en costumes by state
- the history of eastern philosophy (in an infographic!)
- “animal architects” 🙂