today I learned:
- beautiful norway.
- what pizza looks like around the world!
- the 2014 world beard and moustache winner
- in order to discover that penguins sleep more deeply in the afternoon, scientists crept up on sleeping king penguins at different times of the day and poked them with a stick until they woke up. SUCH A SCIENTIFIC MODEL OF DISCOVERY.
- a korean artist, jee young lee, transforms her studio into dream worlds. beauuuutiful!!
- fiber and its benefits explained
- the reason howie mandel is obsessed with germs is because as a child a sand fly laid eggs in him, and larvae grew visibly just under the skin of his legs. well, I get it now howie. I get it.
- bugs that aren’t what they seem. SO COOL.
- if pigs are not castrated the meat will have an unpleasant odour when cooked; referred to as “boar taint.”
- an artist using fire and soot to make some art (aaaand here’s his website!)
- a lobsters brain is located in its throat, its nervous system in its abdomen, its teeth in its stomach and its kidneys in its head. It also hears using its legs, tastes with its feet, and tends to favour one front limb, meaning they can be right-clawed or left-clawed. well then.
- t-pain singing without autotune…woah…
- can you see it? (took me SO long..)
- ‘mudita’ is a word meaning the joy of another person’s joy, the opposite of envy.
- 50 incredible facts about earth 🙂
- trick-or-treating originates from ireland and was in fact poor people begging for food in exchange for prayers for the dead
- beautiful animated photography (number 3 is my fav!)