today I learned:
- ya gotta trust a doctor.
- the greeks started the tradition of putting candles on cakes in order to honour the moon goddess artemis. the round cakes symbolized the moon, and the candles were the moonlight.
- “down the rabbit hole”: what one million sex toy sales reveal about our erotic tastes, kinks and desires“
- the ancient babylonians took their beer so seriously, if a brewer was found to be watering down his beer, he’d either be drowned in the barrel or forced to keep drinking it till he died. sounds fair to me…
- buster keaton was a really dedicated actor/stuntman….crew members threatened to quit and begged him not to do this scene, where a six ton prop falls right over him. the cameraman looked away while rolling. it brushes his arm as it comes down, and he doesn’t even flinch.
- new gaia channeling 🙂
- wild almonds are poisonous– it’s only the ones we’ve been selectively breeding for centuries that we can eat.
- every one needs a little help sometimes
- the rate of PTSD in adults who were in foster care for one year between the ages of 14–18 was found to be higher than that of combat veterans 😦
- food that regrows itself. so doing this.