s’been a while. glad to be back 🙂
today I learned:
- when lead was removed from gasoline, there was a dramatic decrease in the violent crime rate in the western world. woah. this is actually an issue of CAUSATION, for once!!
- recently, an ohio man was exonerated after spending 27 years in prison for murder he didn’t commit. aw mannnnn.
- beautiful night view of this mountain. wow.
- what a matchstick looks like when lit in slow motion!
- “new marijuana study says everyone knows you’re high and you’ll likely be stoned forever” RELAX IT’S THE ONION IMSORRY
- a time lapse of a dog growing up.
- I’ve been preaching this ever since I heard about it but hadn’t been able to find the related studies that suggest this fact…so wooooo! yes, studies show that day-to-day happiness increases with income until you hit $75k per year (as a household). after that, increased income does nothing to increase happiness“
- ABC has been cutting scenes from “a charlie brown christmas” to make room for more commercials. great.
- new studies have shown that HIV is evolving to become less deadly and less infectious. woah.
- sales for the soundtrack of “oh brother, where art thou?” surpassed the movie itself. I get this. friggin’ GREAT soundtrack.
- topher grace of ‘that 70’s show’ edited all three ‘star wars’ prequels into one condensed film that has been highly praised as a better version.
- germans have a running gag where they pretend the town of bielefeld does not exist. even when angela merkel (no idea who this is) talked about a meeting she had in bielefeld, she added: “…if it exists at all.” bielefeld has even released a statement insisting their existence, but unknowingly published it on april 1. hahahaha.
- cheech marin beat yale graduate anderson cooper and dartmouth graduate aisha tyler at celebrity jeopardy 🙂
- the black swallower, a REALLY TERRIFYING actual fish..
- how to turn a normal party ballon into a cell phone cover (awesome)
- how the english perception of colour compares to the chinese perception of colour
- how much does it cost to power an electric car with rooftop solar panels at your home? neat 🙂
- aaand to finish off, catherine the great of russia hired a servant who would pick out the good looking guys at parties, test them for STDs, and test them out on sexual ‘performance’ to see if they were fit for the queen