today I learned:
- in 2006, australia tried to sell new zealand on ebay.
- after a massive power outage in los angeles, police received numerous 911 calls by people reporting they were seeing “strange clouds overhead”. it was the milky way.
- when ben & jerry’s was founded, they had a 5 to 1 salary ratio policy, meaning the highest paid employee could only make 5 times the lowest’s salary.
- the british crown had at least a 15% approval rating during the revolutionary war. that’s higher than the current approval rating of the US congress, at 13%
- despite sharing the same oral language, british, irish, australian, and america sign language are completely different languages.